[Type of diet and "ambulatory" pathology in the first 6 months of life]

Patrizia Papacci, Antonio Alberto Zuppa, Mario N Castorina, Assunta Tornesello, Pa Perrone, F Ceschin, G. Luisa Vissat

Risultato della ricerca: Contributo in rivistaArticolo in rivista

Abstract

This work is a contribution to the investigation that mainly in the last year have been widely performed to evaluate the protecting action of breast feeding against some typical pathological occurrences in the first months of life. Authors studied, for six months, 117 babies. The respiratory and intestinal illness have been found (in progress or anamnestically) during pediatric monthly or occasionally visits. 33% of the babies were fed with milk formula since the first life months; the remainder 67% were breastfed during one month at least. By statistic correlation of type of feeding and disease frequency, there is evidence of the following: 1) Babies, breastfed during 6 months, have lower frequency of respiratory pathology, when compared (p 0.05) with 6 months bottle fed ones. 2) Babies, breastfed during 2 months have lower frequency of intestinal pathology when compared (p 0.05) with bottle fed ones. Therefore, it seems that the most interesting results coming out from this study is that the protective action of breast feeding concerns not only the intestinal disease, but the respiratory ones too, when, however, the breast feeding period is enough extended.
Titolo tradotto del contributo[Autom. eng. transl.] [Type of diet and "ambulatory" pathology in the first 6 months of life]
Lingua originaleItalian
pagine (da-a)63-68
Numero di pagine6
RivistaPediatria Medica e Chirurgica
Volume9
Stato di pubblicazionePubblicato - 1987

Keywords

  • Breast Feeding
  • Female
  • Humans
  • Immunity, Maternally-Acquired
  • Infant Care
  • Infant Food
  • Infant, Newborn
  • Intestinal Diseases
  • Lung Diseases
  • Male

Fingerprint

Entra nei temi di ricerca di '[Type of diet and "ambulatory" pathology in the first 6 months of life]'. Insieme formano una fingerprint unica.

Cita questo