[Autom. eng. transl.] Starting from the fifteenth century the Poncini family, in the process of establishing itself on the panorama of the city of Bergamo thanks to the proceeds of the merchant activity, started the purchase of plots of land in the middle Bergamo plain, near Padergnone (Zanica), a place that later it was chosen by some exponents of the family for the construction of an extra-urban dwelling and the attached farm. Girolamo di Simone Poncini was in particular responsible for the transformation of the ancient castle that existed there into a "dominical residence", through the modernization of the structures and the opening of new construction sites. The article proposes the analysis of three episodes of Jerome's client, corresponding to the construction of the housing nucleus with portico and loggia (1508), to the remodeling of the medieval tower (1510) and to the renovation of the Castrense chapel (post 1513). The construction sites inaugurated by Girolamo were carried out by his descendants, as evidenced by the case of the aforementioned loggia, decorated with frescoes in the second half of the century. What remains today of that decorative campaign is a tear of fresco depicting a rare topographical map of the Bergamo area, preserved in the Diocesan Museum of Bergamo, datable around the seventies of the sixteenth century and attributed to the sphere of Cristoforo Sorte.
|Translated title of the contribution||[Autom. eng. transl.] «In loco his de Patergnone». Girolamo Poncini's residence in the Bergamo countryside|
|Title of host publication||Atti dell'Ateneo di Scienze, Lettere ed Arti di Bergamo|
|Editors||M Mencaroni Zoppetti, M Resmini|
|Number of pages||26|
|Publication status||Published - 2019|
- Renaissance Art